The 2016 scholarship round
is now closed.
- To be eligible for any of the scholarships, applicants must be enrolled at either a secondary school or tertiary institution, whichever is relevant to their application.
- Tertiary applicants must make their applications on-line and submit supporting documentation by post or email unless stated otherwise. Contact the Māori Education Trust (MET) if you have any difficulties applying on-line.
- Applicants are personally responsible for the accuracy of the information they provide.
- Common errors are bank account numbers. You must provide an encoded bank deposit slip or bank verification of your account number. It is important that you let MET know if your bank account number should change.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A scholarship bequest may be pertinent to more than one category e.g. Tī Maru Māori Trust Scholarship for secondary school, undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Each scholarship has set criteria that governs the purpose of the individual award.
- You can apply for as many scholarships as you like, however if successful you will only be awarded one.